What Are Kodiak Tents Made Of?
Kodiak Canvas tents are made with a superior, marine-grade, 100% cotton duck, Hydra-ShieldTM canvas. What is Hydra-Shield Canvas? It is a custom woven and treated canvas ideal for the purpose of premium tent making. It is double-fill (two threads twisted together for superior strength, durability, and a very tight weave). It has a silicone, dry-finish treatment that is watertight, breathable, and durable. It also resists mold and mildew.
What are the Benefits?
1) You will stay dry, even in a downpour! It's okay to touch ceiling and inside walls during a rainstorm. This canvas does not leak or wick water.
2) Unlike synthetic fabrics, or canvas with a paraffin or oil-based treatment, our canvas is breathable! This allows water vapor to escape, minimizing condensation, humidity, and mugginess. Simply put, you are more comfortable.
3) Unlike canvas with paraffin or oil-based treatments, you should rarely, if ever have to retreat the canvas. Hydra-Shield's silicone-based treatment is durable and very long-lasting.
4) The canvas is strong and durable. It will hold up to the elements, and long outlive tents made with inferior fabrics.
How do I take care of my tent?
● VERY IMPORTANT-Your tent must be completely dry before storage! Storing a wet or damp tent, even for a short time, can ruin it and void the warranty.
● To clean tent, hose down with water and wipe with a cloth. Soaps and detergents can damage the water-repellant treatment of the canvas.
● Do not spray insecticides or bug repellant directly on the canvas. This may damage the water-repellant treatment.
● For long-term storage, store in a cool dry location that is not exposed to direct sunlight.
● Our tents are made with quality zippers. To prolong zipper life, do not "grind" zippers around corners. If needed pull the canvas, windows or doors to help zippers glide smoothly. Keep them clean from dirt.
● The canvas on your tent has a special Hydra-ShieldTM treatment that is watertight yet breathable. You should rarely, if ever have to retreat the canvas. If you do need to spot treat the canvas for water repellency, use a silicone based repellent such as Camp Dry® by Kiwi®. Other treatments will clog the tiny holes in the canvas eliminating its breathability.
● Winter camping can be an enjoyable experience in a Kodiak Canvas tent. Check the individual tent ratings for specifics.
● Condensation inside the tent is affected by the difference between inside and outside temperatures, and humidity. Condensation can be reduced by venting your tent. Condensation between the floor and a sleeping mat can be reduced by placing a ground cloth underneath the tent.
● Some slight irregularities are normal with 100% cotton canvas and will not affect the performance of your tent.
● We put our pride into the design and manufacturing of our products. We wish you safe and happy camping. Please tell your friends about us.
Kodiak Canvas Limited Lifetime Warranty
This product is warranted, to the original purchaser, to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for as long as you own the product. This product is made with quality materials and expert workmanship, but is not indestructible. This warranty does not cover damage attributed to or resulting from normal wear and tear (e.g. exhausted zippers), natural hazards (e.g. weather, animals), abuse (e.g. mold, mildew, burns, ultraviolet), or alterations or modifications of any kind. If your product is found defective, we will repair or replace it free of charge. Charges for shipping your product to Kodiak Canvas will be your responsibility. We reserve the right to make substitutions if parts are unavailable or obsolete. If your product needs repair beyond what is covered under warranty, we will provide parts and service at a reasonable charge.
This warranty gives you, the original purchaser, specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Do not return your product until you have received authorization and instruction to do so.
To obtain service contact us at www.KodiakCanvas.com, or write to:
Kodiak Canvas Customer Service
PO Box 762
Layton, UT 84041, USA